Thursday, March 29, 2012

It Is Kickin' My Butt!




This seemingly innocent-looking springtime mitt has been the source of a lot of gall for me this week! I started them over a week ago. I frogged the first two inches on them 3 times. I don't know why, but I couldn't read the pattern right. My lace stithes didn't turn out anything like the pattern the first time. The second time, I kept ending up with more stitches than the pattern called for. Twice. I can usually read a pattern and see how it works out in stitches in my head. Not this one! A few nights ago, when I was halfway through the thumb, I had extra stitches again. I went back through the previous row, stitch by stitch, and couldn't find my mistake. I was so frustrated with myself, I put in down, came into the house and had my favorite snack: sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding with strawberries in it. And Cool Whip on top. I needed to come down off the ledge I was knitting on. I got the pattern off Ravelry, so I went there to see  how many projects were made from this pattern and see if anyone else had a problem with it at
'line 35'. Nope. It was only me which means I made a mistake somewhere. I counted the stitch pattern again to no avail and decided to make a note of it on the pattern and live with my mistake. I hope that I don't regret this decision later. The mitts are for me so who will know?? This pattern has humbled me by kicking my butt but I hope that later when I finish the thumb that is doesn't also take off a big chunk of my butt off as well.




I am starting on the second mitt. In between washing fleeces for Waterloo's Sheep Festival which is coming up in a few weeks. I hope I have pretty little springtime mitts to wear. Or I'll be able to wear a smaller skirt.

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment