Friday, March 23, 2012

Springtime Hat


I made another hat with the Kiri pattern like the light blue one. I used a Noro yarn that came in last week. It is 40% cotton, 30% silk, 15% wool and 15% nylon. It is such a comfortable hat to wear! I wore it yesterday to the yarn shop, then to dinner and karaoke. Lots of compliments on it. Knitted on a size 7 needle, it knits up rather quickly. The self striping yarn is just fun times!

Spring is popping out around here. My wisteria vine is blooming! I only had a couple of blooms last year but this year it is encircling the door to my workshop. When it is in full bloom I will definitely take some pictures to share with you. My hat looks very nice with the blooms, too. I tried to get one of the alpaca girls to model my hat but not one of them would have any of it. I tried though.

My knee is a little better but I still walk rather gingerly on it. All those years as a catcher playing soft ball. If I knew then what I know now I would have stayed at second base.

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment