Sunday, March 18, 2012

Finding Time


So what have you been up to lately? Even though this is obviously an old picture, it still conveys the question. I have spent the better part of the last week squirreled away in my workshop. I have been finishing my entries for MOPACA's annual fiber art show. There were nights that my family got to breathe air for supper. Then they started cooking for themselves. (Hunger will do that to a person) After a few days, takeout from the town's restaurant was discovered. I lost track of time during those days. I was found responding "huh?" to most questions. They finally gave up and went off to fend for themselves. And miracle of miracles, here it is the next week and they are still with us! lol

I'm a little superstitious about these things so after the show I will share my entries, win lose or draw. I am very happy with how they turned out. And I wasn't a totally absent mother. I tried to have coffee and breakfast each day with the family. I finished a knitted hat last week, too. But in my tunnel vision, I took it to the quilt shop and put it in the front window without taking pictures first. So, I'll have a picture of it soon to share with you. I do have a picture of about half-way through the knitting to share.




The yarn is from a line called Sabine from Juniper Moon. I love this yarn! It is 40% cotton, 40% royal llama (dehaired baby llama) and 20% merino. It is a joy to knit in this spring weather. The hat is a nice light blue, very spring like. I have the whole line in at the shop. I really like it because even with the warm weather we have been having this spring (low 80's), it doesn't make my hands sweaty to knit with it. And that means extended knitting season! Whooot! Well, I'm going to have to do some cooking today or I'm afraid my family may trade me in for a more practical model.

                                                                     Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment