Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Long And Knitted Road



Yes, my knitted road. The Nemesis is coming along. I'm staying on task and working on it every day. As you can see, it is getting quite long. I can't even give myself the luxury of guesstimating on its completion. It may never be done. I could keep adding balls of yarn and going on forever. Yes, this project is turning into a Melodrama. Its a part of me now and I can't go anywhere without it. It causes me anxiety when I do. So I don't.


Its tech week in my house. The guys are in "Mr. Roberts" in Waterloo. Tech week can also be called 'hell week' for an actor. Every night at the theatre to run the play with all the bells and whistles and in this particular case, goats. My main job this week is making sure the guys have something ready to eat when they are ready to eat it and some snacks and drinks thrown in. It is nice to have one family member home during this time. Its extra hard when we are all in a show at the same time. But this time, I can help out when one of them calls ' I can't find my so-and-so! I was supposed to be on the road 5 minutes ago!' 3 months of rehearsals leading the way up to tonight and the 'I can't find my script anywhere' panic attack. (You'd think that after this long that they wouldn't need it anymore!) Ahhh, the storm. And then when they leave it is so quiet! So, so quiet. Just me and The Nemesis. I think I'll get in a few extra rows on him today. And maybe start something else tonight.


                                                       Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment