Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dieing for Dyeing

Yesterday, I taught another Beginning Dyeing class with 3 Sisters' Workshop. We had a fun day full of color! We ended up with so many colorful yarns that it was hard to choose a favorite.  I really liked this red, pictured below. We must have dyed over 4 pounds of wool! Yes, it was a busy day!





This is Joan in her "I'm the queen of dyed yarn!" pose.                   And I must admit, yes she is!


And here is some of the yarn that came out of the class.   I enjoy dyeing yarn. It makes me appreciate color. And it makes me realize that I don't really have a favorite color. It seems that my favorite color ends up being the one that I am currently using. I do prefer darker shades more than pastel ones. Even for babies and young children. We are fortunate that we do not live in a black and white world. Thank goodness!

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment