Friday, December 9, 2011

Keeping Busy

We had our first official snowfall this season. We had enough snow "to track a cat", as my husband says. Days like these are gloomy and cold and all I want to do is curl up and knit on something. Sometimes I take a break and spin on something. I have been getting alot of knitting done! lol  Its time to get out the thermies, too. Thermal underwear. They're not just for grandpa anymore! They make them in this nice micro-fibery stuff (not a natural fiber by any means) that is soft to wear and doesn't leave polka dot indentions on your legs. They make all the difference in the world on days like today. I'm working at the Christmas Tree lot at Christ Memorial on Sunday and will be sure to wear them. And all the knitted plunder I can pile on, too!
I've been spinning some fun wild green yarn. Shown to the left. and some nice denim blue. Both alpaca yarn. I think I'll make some fun little scarves out of it. That green kind of glows in the dark, doesn't it?

I feel the beginnings of the Christmas Crazies coming on. That time when there is so much to do in a very short time frame. Then one day, Dec 26, its just over. But for a few weeks there is so much to do! So, off I go to get some of the things done and scratched off the top of my (way too long) list.

Spin Happy!

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment