Monday, December 12, 2011

8th Annual Cookie Swap


The 8th Annual Duensing Cookie Swap was held on Saturday at our house! It is an exciting time. This year, we had over 800 cookies at our house for an hour and a half. The rules are that each participant brings 6 dozen cookies and an extra container. We all swap cookies and you leave with 6 dozen 'different' cookies. All the while sipping on hot mulled cider. And some adventurous individuals spiked theirs with dark rum. Its a great drink if you haven't ever tried it! We had lots of holiday cheer going around! lol


These Santa faces are my husband's signature cookie. He makes them every year (by demand).






Do you see the Christmas mouse above right?




We had a great time talking and gathering our cookies. I will make a couple batches of chocolate chip and this day insures that I will have a nice plate of assorted cookies to take to all the holiday get-togethers we go to. Its also fun catching up with friends.









This is a picture of our grandson, Derek, saying 'cheese' with the icing from a Santa head all over his mouth! It was pretty cute!





I have gone two days without doing anything fibery as I was getting ready for the Swap. Its killing me! I will be catching up on things out in my workshop this week. I have started putting my yarn in the local quilt shop, Racoon Hollow Fabrics, in Waterloo. I am also selling knitting needles, Schacht spinning wheels and Majacraft spinning wheels. I will be adding more to the list and will keep you posted. Well, I'm off to eat a couple of cookies and dye some yarn.

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment