Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winterize



We are having a few days of unseasonably warmer weather here (it is about 48 today) and I decided to do some barn maintanence.

Percy, shown left, is growing into a gorgeous boy! The wool is now growing all over his face and his fleece is getting more dense. I am looking forward to shearing in the spring! again, I digress...

I dug out all the tank water heaters and the hose and the extension cords (or as they say in Southern Illinios--cards). I proceeded to scrub out all the water tanks and refill them with water. Yes, it is a job. But such a satisfying one! I enjoy working outside and with my son taking over alot of the day-to-day chores, it is something I miss. My back ached afterward but it didn't last long and the exercise is good for me. Time passes so fast when I'm outside. I guess it means that I do enjoy the work.





As I refilled the girls' water tank, they couldn't wait till I was done to get a drink. I've had Vidalia for a few years now. I don't know where she lived her first years. She is 13 now. She loves, loves to drink moving water. Maybe she grew up on a farm that had a stream, I don't know. She likes to drink out of the hose, too. Before the tank filled up, most of the girls had come by and gotten a drink. Hay makes a gal thirsty, ya know!



I couldn't resist taking this picture of my son and his designated helper. Vienna loves to 'help him' scoop poop piles. Its like she askes him what his fasination with her poop is all about because he collects it. She will follow him all around the pasture every time he does it. She loves her boy!








Being outside around the animals gives a feeling calm and contentment that is hard to describe. I enjoy it so and do not want to ever give it up. But now I do have to share it. But sharing it I don't mind too much. :)



Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment