Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yarn A.D.D.

 It has been a humbling thing to admit, but I had to admit that I couldn't get enough yarn dyed myself to keep the shelves stocked with yarn at the quilt shop, Raccoon Hollow Fabrics, in Waterloo, IL. As you might recall, I'm renting a corner of the shop and I'm trying to turn it into a small yarn shop. I already have lots of knitting needles and crochet hooks. I have a few books, too. But even though I felt like I was dyeing like a madwoman, as my husband can attest, I couldn't get the shelves all filled up. So I decided to buy some yarn. And the box came in this weekend. OMG! I already have trouble concentrating  on one project at a time. I lay in bed at night, trying to go to sleep but my mind won't let me. I keep thinking of what scarf I want out of which fibers. Which fibers would blend together well. And colorways that would be attractive. And now I have this! (shown left)


And this!
AND THIS!


I can't concentrate on one yarn long enough to do anything with it. sigh.  Luckily for me, it was my Fiber Guild's annual retreat this weekend. We 'take over' DuBois Youth Camp in DuBois, IL each year at this time for a weekend of fellowship and just plain ole good times! I threw a bunch of the yarn into a basket and took it with me.  I caught up with the lives of some of my dear old (old as in years of friendship, not age) friends, ate great food and knitted. And we laughed alot. I mean a-lot! Its great to have friends that you can lay around in your pajamas with, no make-up on, and eat as many cookies as you like. And talk. and knit. and knit till your hand starts cramping up. then eat more cookies. Yeah, I had such a great time! lol It helped me work through some of my yarn a.d.d. (attention deficient disorder). I fell calmer and ready to tackle that pile of yarn in the workshop to get it in order to take to the shop. 


This is the main room in Hickory Lodge.

I got a cute little summer scarf knitted. Take a look:


Its made with a yarn  called Petals. It does look like it has little petals, doesn't it?  I'm a couple of days behind on my Nemesis Scarf so I guess I'd better go catch up with it.
                         
                                                         Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment