Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birds

I know. Its not a catchy title for this blog. I just couldn't think of one. It happens sometimes. But these birds!
They are a few hundred yards from my house. Its where the flood waters have been for months as you can see from the picture. I believe these are Lesser Egrets. They are large birds, too. And are lined up this channel for about a half mile or so. Watching them fly in and swoop down is an awesome sight. They are hunting the fish trapped in the channel and probably crawdads, too. There has been alot of that going on around here this summer. Fishing and crawdad hunting, that is. We have had several boils at our house. I wonder how long the Egrets will stay around?.............

Well, back to washing wool!

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment