Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Scent of Spring

We have had some unseasonably warm temperatures the past few days (mid 70's) and its given a taste of spring to the alpaca boys. They have had a surge of energy, running around chasing each other trying to capture the girls' attention. At this time I can get a good idea of which girls are bred and which ones didn't take by their behavior. The bred girls couldn't care less about what the boys are doing. While the boys are chasing each other down to the back fence and up to the front the girls are a pasture away laying around. I take that behavior as girls being bred. Good for me but bad for the boys! Here is a pair of knitted mitts I finished recently. They were fun to knit! I think I'll knit another pair. And I've added another picture of our newest addition to the herd, Leo. I'll talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment