Thursday, February 17, 2011

"LEO"

I would like to introduce the new junior herdsire of Illini Alpacas, Leo! This picture was taken last week in the snow. Its hard to believe that was last week when today the temperature will reach 72! Ahh, life in the midwest. I usually wait to introduce new alpacas until they have become part of the herd. Yesterday and this morning, I saw Leo pronking around the pasture with Diesel. Before, the other boys would try to play with Leo but he was standoff-ish and wouldn't participate. But not anymore! He's out there running with them. He is a beautiful appy, isn't he? He will be a year old in June, so I have a while to go yet before he becomes a herdsire. Some males are ready to breed at 18 months but others not until 3 years old. No matter how long it takes, I will be anxiously waiting. Hopefully sooner than later.
More pictures will be coming of Leo. I'd like to thank Ed and Joanie Kinser of Enchanted Hill Alpacas for creating Leo and enabling him to live here with me. Welcome, Leo! Live long and prosper!

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment