Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The 2 Year Sweater

I made a New Year's Resolution almost two months ago that I was going to work harder to finish the projects I start. Or that I started. This sweater is one of them. I am so proud of myself to have gotten it done! Following a project through to the end really does build self-esteem. It is not just a bunch of hype that do-gooders talk about. I feel so much satisfaction when I create something. This sweater started over 2 years ago as a pile of mohair and Isabelle's fleece. (Isabelle is a world famous Border Leicester ewe that I owned) The natural silver grey yarn blend I spun was 50/50 mohair/sheep's wool. The pattern I used was the first one I ever downloaded off Ravelry. The Empire style sweater is buttoned with a vintage button just under the bustline. I haven't put it on yet because I think by looking at it that it might be a touch too small. I don't want to burst the bubble I have going on right now. Its a very giggly bubble so to continue it, I am going to set it up on this mini mannequin at the next couple of festivals I set up a booth at this spring. It is acquiring a nice halo effect from the moahir, nice and warm and fuzzy. Just like the warm fuzzy feeling I am getting by looking at it. Happy knitting.

Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment