Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tricksee

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of Illini Alpacas. Her name is Tricksee. She is my Christmas present from my wonderful husband, Darrell. I know I always say how girls like shiny things and they especially like to get shiny things for Christmas, but--come on! Look at her! She is better than any shiny thing. And she will keep giving back to me for years to come. Her color pattern is called harlequin appaloosa. She is a smoky black color (that's the best I can describe it) with caramel and grey spots. She is just beautiful!
(Thanks, honey!) The first day Tricksee arrived, she made herself right at home with the girls like she had been with them since the day she was born. Yes, she was meant to be here. Many times, new females in a herd are loners for awhile. But not her. She was named Tricksee because she was born on Halloween. How fun! She is a larger girl, full peruvian and 3 1/2 years old.
She has been bred to Griffin, our appy boy, and that will make a rare appy to appy breeding if it takes. I'll find out in the spring. In the meantime, she is adding her genetics and personality to the farm. Tricksee is friendly enough, following me around but not fond of being touched. I'm working on that. Every day we get to know each other a little more. That's part of the fun of owning these animals. Talk to you soon,
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand it. She is a "WOW!" for sure. LOVE her face. Such a find.

    ReplyDelete