Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another "1-2-3"!

I finished another "1-2-3 Vest" for my grandson, Eagan. I used a brown cria alpaca yarn and I'm happy to say that this one fits!
 (The previous one was too big) On the previous one, I used size 8 knitting needles and I forgot how many stitches. For this one I downsized the needles to size 5 to match the yarn. I guesstimated the gauge of the knitted yarn on the size 5 needles to be 5 stitches per inch. I wanted the vest to be 20 inches around. I cast on 100 stitches and it worked out right! You see, you write patterns when you want to duplicate an item over and over again. I only wanted to make one vest so making it up as I went along works out. To learn more about how to do this, I recommend reading Elizabeth Zimmerman's books on knitting.  That is where I learned to do it. It is a wonderful read. I own them all. Happy knitting!
Talk to you soon,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment