Monday, April 30, 2012

I'd Love To Resist...


but I can't! I mean oh yes I can! lol
Last weekend, I had the joy of taking another resist dyeing workshop with Chad Hagen! The class was through the Weavers Guild of St. Louis and was held at Craft Alliance. What do you get when you put 10 fiber ladies in a room with a crazy talented teacher? Look above! These are my samples of resist dyed merino prefelts that I came home with.


Here are pictures of some of the sample pieces laid out so they can be better seen. Everyone's turned out so different, yet alike. I came home with a renewed interest in dyeing. I think I will be getting out the big pots for this spring. We spent the first two days dyeing. The third day we learned book binding skills. I chose one of the felts and made a book!



This is my book. I love my book! she says with a stupid grin on her face while clutching it to her heart...

Chad taught us the technique of hand stitching the paper into the binding of the book. I already have started another. I finished my book with two vintage bakelite buttons. It has 144 pages. I still need to look at it and have it age a bit before I can use it. It is very precious.  I'm not the only one from the class with a precious book, though. The other fiber mavens went home with one of their own.

And how cool are these?! It was an awesome, awesome class and I am very fortunate to have been able to take it. These are skills I will be able to use for a lifetime.

                                                         Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment