Monday, September 12, 2011

Twin Hats

I have been doing some more felting. Felting hats. Nice black alpaca hats. I am quite pleased with how they turned out. They have the silky texture that alpaca has and are lightweight. I am tempted to keep one of them but they are bound for the St. Louis Weavers' Guild Annual Sale. While colorful hats are always fun to make and fun to wear, every woman needs a little black hat to match her little black dress. I always seem to make things that are more practical. I am not in my comfort zone in wild, psychodelic colors. Give me my basic black--that I can wear with every coat I own!

I finished one hat with a silk hatband and this one to the right with a rayon velvet that I hand dyed. It came out a nice weathered color that would even work with a steampunk themed outfit. Its a good feeling, returning to hatmaking. I guess I'm a "mad-hatter" at heart! Felting is something I really enjoy. I enjoy taking a pile of wool fluff and after several hours having something like this hat to show for it. I'm teaching a beginning felting class at my workshop next month. If you are interested, send me a message. Or check out the 3 Sisters' Workshop website. Well, my workshop is calling me!
Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment