Saturday, September 24, 2011

Knitting Through Birdie

As you probably know, I'm in a production of Bye, Bye Birdie. I'm Mrs. Mae Peterson. I think the part was written just for me! I love this part! And I have been knitting through it. In this picture is my script with a flyer on the front and my knitting in my lap during a rehearsal. Knitting is calming to me and the repetitious motions help me to focus. Like on remembering my lines! lol  I do not do lace knitting or anything like that, usually something I have made before so it is familiar. I knit backstage, too, before and during the show. Like I said, it does help me to focus.












The first thing I worked on was this slouchy hat. Its a new style and I really like it. It is made like an oversized beret. What I like the best is that it is not tight fitting and doesn't squash all your hair down. It sets loosely on your head and still keeps it warm.  Oh! and its pronounced 'slow-shay'. Its French. And no, I don't know why. I am going to finish off the hat with a matching vintage button on the brim. here  --> is a button loop. I am working on the fingerless mitts to match now. They are the same pattern as the white ones I made earlier. It looks like I will have enough yarn left to make a matching neck-warmer, too. It is a wonderful alpaca yarn I purchased from a friend who was de-stashing and took it off her hands. When I started this project, it was intended for the St. Louis Weavers' Guild Annual Sale. I hope I don't like it too much! People do not like to purchase things with tear stains on them.
In all the craziness around here, I forgot to blog yesterday about Autumn's birthday! It is a day that should be easy to remember. Here she is at a year old. How quickly the babies grow up. And another thank you to my friend, Pat Nagy, for naming her last year! She has grown into a beautiful girl.
Talk to you soon,  Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment