Friday, April 1, 2011

As Time Goes On

I've been quiet lately. Lots going on with family--life. Being outside with the alpacas gives me a feeling of calm and serenity that I need right now.


I've been working on a pair of ruffled 'Stulpen' or what we call cuffs made out of some of Tabitha's cria fiber. They are very soft and I enjoy knitting with the yarn. I used a picot bind-off on the edge to give that bubbled look. I'm pleased with the first one, but have been having trouble matching the gauge for the second one. I've ripped out the first third of it at least three times now! But I think I have it right now. Ahhh...tension
 when knitting.
This is a picture of an antique wheel I have. And now that I see the picture, I realize I need to dust! I date it to around 1900. With very little effort, it would be workable. I bought it as a decoration because the old wheels are hard to find. I think I've had this one for about 15 years. Its only about 30 inches tall with leather fittings.


 Take care my friends and I'll talk to you soon,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment