Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Hot!



"So--just when ARE you coming out to hose us off?"
It seems like yesterday when I made my last post and it has been over a week since I actually have.
I have been spending the majority of my days outside in the heat trying to take care of animals. They
need fresh water each day and the alpacas love to be sprayed by the hose. The top picture is of
Allegra, our newest addition to the herd. She has taken to putting her whole head in the sprayer.


I gave Allegra a bit of a home-done funky haircut on her belly trying to allow water to penetrate
there to help cool her off. She is growing rapidly and she is already eating grain out of her own
feeder at 2 1/2 months old. The heat is a challenge here as it will hit 99 today. Several of the
girls are due with crias next month and I'm taking the extra time to try to make them as comfortable as I can. They seem to alternate between the hose and the fans. Me, too. Have a good one! Talk with you soon.  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment