Monday, August 23, 2010

Computer Woes

I have had some computer woes and its been in the shop since the last post. But now I have it back. It is a humbling experience to be without now and then. It makes me appreciate the technology we have today. I felt so cut off from the rest of the world! Very isolated. I do not want to visit there again for a long time! I have been working on the classes I will be teaching at Bethel at the World Sheep Festival. I will be blogging on them very soon. Today, we have to replace a corner post in the boys' pasture that was knocked over by a neighbor's tractor. At least the boys weren't in it when it happened! Or we would still be looking for boys in the next county! lol (oh, honestly, probably not. they would run right over to the girls pasture because they don't like to be out of eyeshot of them) The temperatures are moderating this week (upper 80's) and I should get out into the vegetable garden that is over run with weeds but I probably won't do that either. I will spend the extra time with the alpacas. I have 6 girls due to have their babies in the next month and I will be keeping extra tabs on them. If you don't know what the normal behavior of your girl is, how can you tell if she's 'off'? I still have my Canela this year because she went into labor last fall and it wasn't easily recognizable but I knew she wasn't acting normally. After two more hours, I cancelled afternoon plans to stay home with her. An hour after I was supposed to leave, I had to go in (for the first time) and pull out her cria. Both survived with no ill effects. But if I hadn't stayed home, I would have lost both Canela and Eureka because the cria's front legs were butterflied in the birth canal and she couldn't deliver naturally. So....I will be spending some quality time with my girls until their deliveries. I'll keep you updated.

Talk to you soon,  Tammy
(Picture is Canela.)

No comments:

Post a Comment