Friday, July 12, 2013

Tequilla Sunrise




Tequilla Sunrise is the name of this tunic I made for the fashion show at Midwest. It is wet felted wool on silk in the nuno felt technique. I used up cycled silk for the trimming and vintage bakelite buttons. The china silk and silk gauze were dyed by me.

I am pleased with how this one turned out, too. The name came after the dyeing. Remember in the 80's, ok! dating some of us! when a tequilla sunrise was a fashionable drink? Doesn't the color remind you of one? It does me! lol







The back of the tunic. I used an
inverted pleat for some shaping.










A close up of the detail and the bakelite buttons.
The loose fitting wrap around tunic is fun to wear and very 'flow-ee'.

I'm thinking I might be keeping this one for myself. I need a new frock.







And lastly, the matching fascinator sitting on the front of the tunic. Yep, a hat to match.


Talk to you soon,  Tammy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment