Monday, October 10, 2011

Nook sleeves

I have been felting some lately, getting things to take to the sale at the end of the month. I have a son in college, too, and have been getting him together for classes. Did you know that now you can buy your books for class as e-books, have them downloaded on the computer and put on your Nook through Barnes and Noble? Yes you can! How cool is that? We will be doing that next sememster. And that got me thinking about my son transporting a Nook around without breaking it. So I made two felted sleeves for a Nook. Each of them have a vintage button on it. (You know how I am about the buttons!) I pretty much pick out the buttons and then design the sleeve. I am happy with the way they turned out. The Nook fits perfectly inside.



The one to the right is in a totally different colorway. It has a bakelite button on it. Felt melds color together so that it is a joy to create. Your imagination is the limit with it. I am going to start teaching beginning felting classes with 3 Sisters' Workshop this winter. Check the website if you are interested in learning. Some felting is physically demanding. Felting smaller objects-not as much. But whatever the size of the project, it is 100%satisfying!                  I made both sleeves out of merino wool. I am going to make some more of them. Come to the sale at the end of the month if you want to see them close up!
Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment