Friday, November 11, 2011

Here's To You




Here's to you, grandpa, on Veteran's Day. Grandpa didn't talk about WWII much, if at all. Grandma talked about it more. About how hard it was with two little kids and having to work in the factories. The world my grandparents lived in was much harsher, in my opinion, than our lives today. Sometimes, we may be watching our pennies (or dollars with inflation) and have to make cheaper choices at the grocery store but at least we always have an option. What I mean is, there is always food at the store. We haven't ever been faced with being hungry and there not being food you can purchase at the store. I can't imagine being hungry and no where to get food. I know it seems like I'm going off on a tangent here, but my grandparents grew up like that during the Great Depression. Followed by WWII.  It made them tough--sometimes hard. But I appreciate what they went through. It is what has made our country what it is today.
Grandpa told me he went through the war so that his family didn't have to grow up like he did. He wanted better. And I believe he got it.     Thank you, Grandpa! And Grandma! She'll tell you that she sacrificed, too.

For the fibery part of this message, this is a scarf I recently felted. Its a merino/silk.  Its alot of fun to wear! And looks nice against alabaster skin.


Talk to you soon,  Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment